Demo DC Grid Hengelo
Project start/finish: 2019-2021
As a demonstration and research and development project on sustainability and renewable energy, a demo grid is being realised on the premise of Eaton in the Netherlands. DC users such as office applications, DC lighting, and other, are connected to the smart DC microgrid that is directly connected to solar panels on the premise for DC energy generation.
We develop and supply a 700V DC grid at the premises of Eaton in Hengelo including:
- Batteries for peak shaving and grid support,
- Bidirectional EV Charging,
- Public Lighting,
- House connection for Domestic Appliances at 350V such as: Heat Pump, Induction Cooker and 48V bus for lighting and USB-C,
- Office Connection with 48V bus for lighting as well USB-C.
- Eaton Netherlands (Project owner)
- Direct Current BV
DC Mailing List
Sign up for news and updates on our DC innovations, DC projects, and coming DC events and DC conferences!