Project start/finish: 2019-2020
It is the first road to be CO2-negative renewed over its entire length. This also improves traffic flow and safety perception to the latest insights. From spring 2019 to spring 2020, the road will be renewed in parts by construction company Boskalis. Most work takes place in the evenings and at night, so that road users experience the least possible inconvenience.
Eaton Netherlands and Dynniq collaborates with Direct Current B.V. to realise the DC grid for the N470 based on our DC technology and DC system.
Here the 700V DC grid includes:
- PV noise barrier 100kWp
- AC/DC Active Front End (AFE) (placed indoor) (AC interface 70kW)
- Battery Storage System on DC Power (900 kWh/70 kW)
- 35 kW 350V Public Lighting along highway
- AC island mode for applications that are still AC based, such as traffic lights
- Province of Zuid Holland (project owner)
- Eaton Netherlands
More information (in Dutch): https://www.zuid-holland.nl/onderwerpen/energie/energiewegen-0/n470-geeft-energie/