DC Systems [including DIRECT CURRENT B.V., and HELLAS RECTIFIERS B.V.] complies with the provisions of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that takes effect on 25 May 2018.
Owner of the Website and Data Controller
DC SYSTEMS B.V.
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
Types of Data Collected
Among the different types of Personal Data that DC SYSTEMS collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: email address, cookies, first name, last name, and website (support domain).
- Data requested by DC SYSTEMS are necessary to provide its services. In cases where DC SYSTEMS specifically mentions that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to provide this Data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the service.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through DC SYSTEMS and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of processing
The data of users is processed in proper and in a secure way. The data is processed by computers, some services (listed below in this policy) and sometime manually. Data is accessible by person in charge (the online communication manager), owner of DC SYSTEMS or external parties (like analytics tool, mail service, hosting provider, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The use of the collected Data
Data collected by user allow DC SYSTEMS to provide its service, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User, Handling payments, Analytics, Content commenting, Managing contacts and sending messages, Registration, Hosting and backend infrastructure with data collection platforms and other third parties.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). It is not used to identify individuals.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Place of processing: US
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of web site analytics and the functionality of many other websites that you visit like web shops etc.
Contacting the User
Mailing List: Upon subscription user’s email address will be added to mailing list and may receive email messages containing subscription related information. You can opt-out from the mailing list anytime.
Transactional Email: You will get emails related to your account like registration, password reset, subscription of opt-in subjects, news and updates.
Contact Form: User can fill-up the contact form, if present on the website, to enquire about our product or report any issue. By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorises DC SYSTEMS to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal data collected from contact form are name and email address.
Additional Information about Data Collection and Processing
The rights of Users
- Delete Data of your mailing list subscription: If you do not want to receive any kind of email then please use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the mailing list email. You can also delete all your personal data on the webhost server through the Modify your profile link at the bottom in the mailing list email. Or you can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data of your mailing list subscription: You can edit some of your personal data through the Modify your profile link at the bottom of the emails from the mailing list. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data of your mailing list subscription: You can also download your personal data via the provided Modify your profile link in the mailing list emails.
- Delete or change your data that is collected by us at our office for servicing, contacting or transactional purposes. Please contact us for this.