Products that allow common, off-the-shelf AC appliances a safe connection to a DC Grid.
Active Front End (AFE)
The AFE is a bidirectional AC/DC converter for DC microgrids applications. It combines electrical power with grid interactive system for load-supply balancing. A unique solution of DC Systems based on Current OS protocol, which makes it an innovation and the first of its kind in the field of DC applications. By adding communication to the system, the behaviour of each device can be individually controlled and regulated with Current OS principles.
- Isolated DC output for 350V or 700V Systems
- Bidirectional power flow
- Suitable for PV applications and DC loads
- 700V or 350V grids with COS compatibility
- Current OS Protocol compliant
- Ease of maintenance
- Communication ports:
- RS485 MODBUS AC Side for AC parameters and grid operator functionality.
- RS485 MODBUS DC Side for DC parameters and Current/OS functionality
- USB-B connector for user config and monitoring
- Can be combined with:
- FG-SPO-xxx PV solar micro converters for 350V systems
- AMPT PV string optimizer for 700V systems
- Solid-state Current Routers
- Hybrid Current Routers
- DC/DC Battery converters
This device is designed for integration in a complete DC system and can only be used behind a Current Router, for pre-charging an AC/DC converter for LED lighting, and pre-charging a frequency converter.
- Average overcurrent protection
- Short Circuit protected in the pre-charge phase of the grid
- Over-temperature protection
- Extra output contacts to enable load
The DCN is a DC/DC converter that is used to distribute power and provide solid state protection to devices working under 700V or 350V.
- Natural Cooling (no fan)
- Output solid-state protection
- Galvanic isolation between DC input & output
- Bipolar or Single +/-350Vdc
- DC TCN Connection
- RCD functionality <0.1sec @1..50mA fault current
- Efficiency > 95%
- Control by Power Line Communication (PLC) protocol
- Usage for Mesh, Star or point-to-point PLC network topology
- RS485 Modbus or USB-B for user configuration
- Current/OS compatible
- Long lines application - up to 3.5km cable
- 100 % digital based on a DSP