AC vs DC Day in Elektro Vakbeurs 2011 in Hardenberg
8 December 2011
“AC versus DC”
TESLA vs Edison, or in technical jargon, alternating current (AC) vs direct current (DC).
The preservation of raw materials in our world is unstoppable. Scarcity of raw materials will force us to put everything in the development of sustainable electric power generation, transportation and use of energy.
“AC versus DC”
- What is the most efficient form of energy?
- Should we use centralized or decentralized power generation?
- Should we focus on solar energy, bio-energy, or wind energy?
These and many other questions will be discussed during the interactive theme afternoon on AC /DC.
The speakers are the following:
- Mr. ing Harry Stokman - Owner of Hellas Rectifiers BV, Direct Current BV, and chairman and founder of the Direct Current Foundation (Stichting Gelijkspanning).
- Mr. Prof. Dr Han Slootweg - Chair at TU Eindhoven: Smart Grids.
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2011.
Time: 14.00 - 16.00 hrs (Reception from 13.30 hrs).
Location: Evenementenhal Hardenberg
7772 TV Hardenberg
The theme of this meeting, AC/DC, which holds very different opinions between the AC and the DC adversaries, will strongly engage the minds of producers to end users. In their presentations, our speakers will portray their opinions on how our future energy supplies will be given form.
This AC/DC theme afternoon is a must for anyone involved with (durable) electricity!
For more information and participation please contact the secretariat of the HOLTRAF.
DC Mailing List
Sign up for news and updates on our DC innovations, DC projects, and coming DC events and DC conferences!